|Elsevier||2.368(2015)||Open||10 issues per year|
Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques are now being used by the practicing engineer to solve a whole range of hitherto intractable problems. This journal provides an international forum for rapid publication of work describing the practical application of AI methods in all branches of engineering.
Focal points of the journal include, but are not limited to innovative applications of:
• Real-time intelligent automation, and their associated supporting methodologies and techniques, including control theory and industrial informatics,
• Architectures, algorithms and techniques for distributed AI systems, including multi-agent based control and holonic control,
• Decision-support systems,
• Aspects of reasoning: abductive, case-based, model-based, non-monotonic, incomplete, progressive and approximate reasoning,
• Applications of chaos theory and fractals,
• Metaheuristics and their applications in intelligent automation: Genetic Algorithms, Ant Colony Optimization, Particle Swarm Optimization, etc.,
• Knowledge processing, knowledge elicitation and acquisition, knowledge representation, knowledge compaction, knowledge bases, expert systems,
• Neural networks, fuzzy systems, neuro-fuzzy systems,
• Perception, e.g. image processing, pattern recognition, vision systems, tactile systems, speech recognition and synthesis,
• Aspects of software engineering, e.g. intelligent programming environments, verification and validation of AI-based software, software and hardware architectures for the real-time use of AI techniques, safety and reliability,
• Intelligent fault detection, fault analysis, diagnostics and monitoring,
• Self-organizing, emerging or bio-inspired system,
• Industrial experiences in the application of the above techniques, e.g. case studies or benchmarking exercises.